Work party crew: 1 day commitment. Join the Work Party e-mail list to find out when you can come out and help clean and maintain the place for a day. All ages welcome. Children must be accompanied by a responsible person. Volunteers should bring their own food & water for the day and wear work & weather appropriate clothing.
Special Project Manager: commitment time is from start to finish of your particular project. Do you have a special project you that feel qualified to take on that you would like to head up at the camp? Are you able to communicate well other volunteers assigned to help you? Do you have ideas on how to get your project materials donated (with help from the Board)? On our wishlist:
* micro-hydro installation
* cookhouse/dining hall roof replacement
* build a carport style roof over the wash house
* build a new workshop on an existing foundation
* dock repair
* bunk bed restoration or replacement
* fund raising event coordinators
* 85th anniversary (2016) celebrations/commemorative projects -get creative with this one!
* Agro-forestry or other long term ideas for using the property to generate revenue in ways compatible with our camp sessions.
* Environmental Education programs for schools
Special Project Volunteers: check here for future listings of projects you can help out with. They will be announced when a Project Coordinator has been selected.